John Donne School is an Academy School. We welcome children of every faith and from every background.
We are committed to include all children, able bodied or disabled, gifted or with special needs. We will adapt our school where possible to meet with your child’s special needs. If you would like to see a copy of our Accessibility Plan please ask at the Office.
We follow the admissions procedure agreed by the Southwark Admissions Forum.
OVER-SUBSCRIPTION CRITERIA FOR NURSERY
In the event that there are more applications than there are places available, places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
1. Children in public care (Looked After Children);
2. Children with educational, medical or social needs where professional advice indicates that placement would be beneficial; this includes children with a statement of special educational needs which names the nursery class;
3. Children who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of entry;
4. Children for whom it is their nearest maintained nursery class or nursery school.
ADMISSIONS TO CLASSES OTHER THAN NURSERYOVER-SUBSCRIPTION CRITERIA (FOR ALL YEARS EXCEPT NURSERY)
There is a separate Admissions procedure and slightly different criteria for entry into the rest of the school.
In the event that we are oversubscribed the following criteria will be used to allocate the places in the school.
If your child is already in our Nursery you will still have to apply for a place for them to join our Reception Class, and there is no guarantee that your child will be allocated a place in Reception.
In the event of there being more applications than available places, and after the admission of children with statements of special education needs where the academy is named on the statement, places will be allocated against the criteria set out below:
1. Children in public care (looked after children) or children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence/special guardianship order).
2. Children with siblings who are already on roll at the school and will still be on the roll at their date of entry.
3. Children with exceptional medical, social or psychological needs, where it is agreed by the local authority and the headteacher that these can be best addressed at the school.
4. Children living nearest to the school as measured by a straight line from the child’s home to the main school gate.
In-year Application forms for Admission are available from the school.
Application for Reception are made by completing Southwark`s on-line application form available at: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200172/school_admissions
Support and advice about application is available at the school.