We are a vibrant and diverse two form entry primary school located in the heart of Peckham. We would like to warmly invite all prospective parents to come and get a taste of what school life is like at John Donne. Please call the office to arrange a school tour on 0207 639 0594.
What makes John Donne a special place to learn?
- We aim to provide all of our children with a successful and unforgettable educational experience so that they can achieve personal and academic excellence.
- Every child is unique and this drives what we do. We put the children at the centre of their own learning and we make learning irresistible, meaningful and memorable.
- Through an innovative curriculum and enriching opportunities, we foster a passion for learning and encourage the development of life-long skills.
- Our team of passionate staff contribute to the success of our confident, independent and aspirational pupils, as they challenge and support each of our learners to achieve their best possible outcomes.
- We promote a culture of achievement so that every aspect of the child is valued and celebrated at every opportunity.
- We incorporate a range of specialisms, unique to our school yet the norm in our strive for excellence. We have high quality specialist teachers in Outdoor Learning, Poetry, Spanish, PE and Music.
- We are proudly part of the Nexus Education Schools Trust; a local trust working collaboratively with local schools. We are supported by a wider network offering expertise, educational opportunities and further enrichment possibilities.
Pupil Admission Number (PAN)
The school has an admission number of 60 for entry in Year Reception.
The school will accordingly admit this number of pupils if they are sufficient applications. Where fewer applicants than the published admission number(s) for the relevant year group are received, the Academy Trust will offer places at the school to all those who have applied.
Reception Admission Arrangements
Please see below for admission arrangements.
JDPS Determined Admission Arrangements 2023-24
JDPS Determined Admission Arrangements 2024-25
Reception Admission Appeals
Please see below for the admission appeals timetable for September 2023 entry.
Appeals resulting from applications for admission to Reception for September 2023 will be heard according to the following timetable:
17th April 2023
|National offer day for primary schools|
|2nd May 2023||
Deadline for accepting or declining the offer of a place
|17th May 2023||Deadline for lodging an appeal against a decision not to offer a place at John Donne Primary School (see timetable below)|
17th May 2023
|Deadline for lodging an appeal against a decision not to offer a place at John Donne Primary School|
|June - July 2023||
Appeals will be heard up to 40 school days after the deadline
Appellant will receive at least 10 days notice of their appeal hearing
Decision letters will be sent within 5 school days of the hearing wherever possible
|Late applications||Appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged|
|In-Year appeals||Will be heard within 30 days of the appeal being lodged|
Appeals are being managed by Bexley Council on behalf of the school.
For more information about the appeals process please click the link here.
Appeal application forms can be obtained from the school office by emailing email@example.com
Nursery Admissions Criteria
John Donne Primary School is an academy school and we welcome children of every faith and from every background.
We are committed to include all children, able-bodied or disabled, gifted or with special needs. We will adapt our school where possible to meet with any child’s special needs. If you would like to see a copy of our accessibility plan please ask the school office.
We follow the admissions procedure agreed by the Southwark Admissions Forum.
Over-subscription Criteria for Nursery
In the event that there are more applications than there are places available, places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
(i) Children in public care (Looked-After Children) and children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order)
(ii) Children with siblings who are already on roll at the school and will still be on roll at their date of entry
(iii) Children with exceptional medical, social or psychological needs, where it is agreed by the Governing Body and the headteacher that these can best be addressed at the Academy
(iv) Children of permanent staff members who work at least three days per week
(v) Children living nearest to the school as measured by a straight line from the child’s home to the main school gate
How to Apply
Application for Nursery is made directly through the school. You can apply for your child to be added to our waiting list after they turn 2 either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can obtain an application form at the school office.
Application for Reception is made by completing Southwark's on-line application form available here.
Please contact Southwark Council with regard to in-year transfers.