How Do I Apply?
Applications should be submitted online through Apply for Teacher Training which can be accessed directly through our page on the Find postgraduate teacher training site. Our provider code is 1DS and the course code is Y681.
Your application will be shortlisted and if you meet our entry requirements you will be invited to an interview. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the 2022-2023 cycle are open. There is no fixed closing date, but we advise applying as early as possible.
We strongly welcome applications from members of black and minority ethnic communities, as we are keen to ensure the teaching workforce is more representative of London's diverse population.
- You must have a first degree, classification 2:1 or above. Exceptional candidates with a 2:2 classification will be considered on an individual basis.
- You must hold a GCSE A*- C or equivalent in English, Mathematics and Science.
In your application and at interview you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- a sound understanding of teaching and learning in the primary context;
- how your previous experience will enable you to teach in a primary school;
- an understanding of the benefits and challenges of teaching in an urban context;
- flexibility and resilience;
- the ability to inspire children;
- the ability to work with a range of other adults in a collaborative and collegiate way;
- a wider understanding of the educational landscape in the UK today.
- You must pass an enhanced DBS check to confirm that you are a suitable candidate to work with children.
- You must pass a health check to show that you are fit to train and work as a teacher.
How we select our students
If you meet the entry requirements, then you will be invited to interview. The interview will involve:
- A group discussion with other candidates
- An interview with senior leaders from across the cluster of schools
- A teaching session with a small group of children
- Written and maths assessments
Candidates are scored against a set of selection criteria under the following headings:
- Interpersonal skills and communication
- Leadership, passion and enthusiasm
- Support and respect
- Resilience and adaptability
- Self-organisation and efficiency
The highest scoring candidates will be offered a place to train as a teacher, subject to fulfilling the statutory requirements regarding qualifications and providing a satisfactory DBS check and health check.